TV Review: Outer Banks -- Season 1 (2020)

Background:

Director: Jonas Pate
Cast: Chase Stokes (John B), Madelyn Cline (Sarah Cameron), Madison Bailey (Kiara), Jonathan Daviss (Pope), Rudy Pankow (JJ)
Genres: Action, Crime, Drama, Mystery, Romance, Thriller

This TV show has consumed my entire life the past couple of weeks. I have not stopped thinking about it. Yes, it is sometimes cheesy and there are some plot holes, but it is so entertaining. I even wrote a paper on it!

Plot and Thoughts:

This is about a group of friends who go on a treasure hunt for $400 million in gold. Along the way, the characters encounter a lot of obstacles. The island of the Outer Banks is divided among the have and have-nots. The pogues are the working class, and the kooks are the elite rich, and there is a constant feud between them. 

This show is so good to binge on Netflix since it is only 10 episodes! But now I have to wait a whole year to find out what happens next. I am going to miss the show and characters. This show's vibe is AMAZING. It makes me want to move to the beach for the summer and live freely with my friends. 

This show will always keep you on your turns with frequent twists and turns, and I found myself done with it in less than 72 hours.

Characters:

John B: Love of my life. He is the sweetest mans ever, and he has such a big heart. He is also such a cutie pie too though. I was constantly rooting for him. He is a great main character.

JJ: John B's best friend. This cutie has such a special place in my heart. He has gone through so much trauma with his family life, and he has such a big heart when it comes to his friends since they are his true family. He makes risky and sometimes bad decisions, but we still love him. Also, he was hilarious and provided amazing one-liners.

Kiara: I loved her! She is so underrated! A queen who cares about the environment, too. I really wish I could be her and have a whole friend group of boys who care about me. She also really speaks out about her dislike of wealth and the other rich kids which is refreshing from a rich kid herself. Her clothes and vibe are amazing, love the beach vibe that she has.

Pope: A pure king! I loved how passionate he is about education and how much work and effort he puts into getting this scholarship. 

Sarah: I had mixed feelings about her at first, but she started to grow on me. She goes through a lot with her family, but it never seemed to ruin her true character. I am curious to how she holds up in the aftermath in season 2. She is so compassionate and only wants to do the right thing.

Conclusion:

Please watch this show. It is so entertaining. It will make you fall in love with the characters, the beach, the vibe, summer, the mystery, and the plot. I cannot wait to find out what happens next season, and this has become one of my favorite shows of all time!

Rating: ★★★★★★★★★☆ - 9/10 


Comments