Skincare Journey + Routine + Recommendations

Skincare Journey

So, I started getting cystic acne all over my chin when I was a freshman in high school. This meant that the acne was underneath my skin, and it was super painful. I finally went to the dermatologist, and I was put on pills and face cream. The pills were for the cystic acne, and the cream was for smaller pimples like blackheads and whiteheads. 

Today, I am still dealing with this. Yes, it used to be a lot worse, but I still have chronic acne and scars all on my chin. I have gone on different prescriptions, and it still is a persistent problem that still frustrates me. I don't know what it is like to have completely clear skin anymore since it has been 5 years. I don't know if it has to do with my terrible skin, genes, or the dermatologist I go to. I still have to take pills and put on the cream everyday, but the acne still persists. 

My goals are to finally get rid of EVERYTHING. I am going to be going over a few of my favorite products that have aided in my skin care journey toward better skin.

Everyone's skin is so different, so these are products that work for ME. They might not work for others.

Skincare Routine

I want to preface this by clarifying that my skin type is acne prone and oily. I try to keep it simple since I have bad and sensitive skin, and I am also a broke college student. I will be updating this page when I buy some new products to see if they work for me. Let me know some suggestions!

Morning

  1. I wash my face with the CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser.
    1. A very simple cleanser that is really good for acne prone and oily skin. 
  2. If my skin is dry (in the winter), I will use the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream.
    1. Kind of on the pricey side, I don't know if I would buy again. I am on the hunt for a good moisturizer that is just as effective but cheaper.

Night

  1. I wash my face with the CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser.
  2. Next, I tone with the Burt's Bees Acne Solutions Toner.
    1. I also really like the Thayer's Witch Hazel Facial Toner (I've tried the Coconut Water scent and it is a nice smell)
  3. Finally, I use my prescribed face cream which targets blackheads and whiteheads, and it was able to successfully smooth and clear out my forehead. It does leave my skin a little oily sometimes. I use the .025% Tretinoin cream.

Comments