Positive Things That Have Come Out of Quarantine

Now, this does not in any way disregard the severity of our problems: thousands of people dying from a deadly virus and many people struggling with money, food, and shelter. My first year of college got cut short as soon as I started thriving there with my best friends in the whole world. I miss my friends tremendously since I haven't seen them in 2 months now. Everything for the summer is getting cancelled: jobs, summer camp counselor, trips, etc. There has been so much negative going around: in the media and in my head. I thought it would be beneficial to spread some positive things to come out of this extra time at home. *Inspired by John Krasinsky's Some Good News*

  1. Extra time with my family
    1. I have been away at college since September (minus a few breaks and my month of winter break), and I rarely go home for the weekends. It has been really nice to spend more time with my family since I am not used to seeing them that often, and I really missed them. Since I cannot be around anyone else, they are the only ones I have been able to spend my time with.
  2. Self-Care
    1. I love self care. However, college is a place where the opposite of self-care happens since there is little down time between activities, sports, classes, studying, homework, events, being with friends, etc. I haven't been able to take proper care of myself for several months until now. I can take my time to do face masks, take baths, exfoliate more, etc. 
  3. More time to read
    1. I haven't read for fun since I started college since all I want to do in my little free time to myself is watch Netflix since I'm so drained and want to turn my brain off. I finally got back into it since there isn't much to do since I cannot see anyone or do anything.
  4. Sleeping in
    1. I had to get up around 8:30 for classes every morning, so now I can sleep in since it is basically summer.
  5. Healthier eating
    1. I can really take my time and prepare my meals to be as healthy as I want them to be. And school food isn't the best for you.
  6. Working out more
    1. I used to workout 3 times a week for about 20 minutes, and I would usually only run. I didn't really enjoy that, and I didn't think it was very effective. Now, I can do a variety of different workouts through youtube that targets different areas of the body, I feel a lot stronger and better about myself and how I feel/look.
  7. Watching Netflix more
    1. I get to watch so much more TV and movies which is allowing me to get caught up with my favorite series, and I can watch new ones.
  8. Room makeover
    1. My room is kind of my sanctuary, and I have become more organized and more aware of how to make the most out of my space. I filled it with wall decorations and things around the room that bring me joy.
  9. The environment is thriving
    1. I am very passionate about the environment and how everyone should be treating a lot more kindly. With less people driving, the environment is almost healing since there is less pollution coming from cars and buildings. 

Comments