Healthy Foods I Try to Eat

There are some go-to foods for me that I try to eat to stay healthy (and they're super yummy)!

Avocado Toast

Yeah, I know. Typical. Yet, it is so yummy and healthy for you! This is one of my favorite foods to make for myself, and it is SUPER easy. This is what I do, but you can make any variations you want!

INGREDIENTS
  • Bread - typically white bread or a bagel
  • 1 Avocado
  • Lemon juice
  • Trader Joe's Everything But the Bagel Seasoning
  • Butter
  • 1 Egg
  • Optional - tomatoes
HOW TO MAKE
  1. Cut up avocado and mush it repeatedly to your liking of chunkiness.
  2. Add several drops of lemon juice and stir it around till it is fully combined in a mush.
  3. Toast your bread.
  4. Cook eggs how you like them - I prefer over-easy.
  5. Spread butter over bread.
  6.  Assemble by spreading a thin layer of avocado over the bread and placing the egg on top.
  7. Top it off with Everything But the Bagel Seasoning.
  8. Add slices of tomatoes if you're feeling fancy.
  9. Enjoy.

Grilled Chicken Sandwiches

This is simple and really yummy. The only thing is it won't fill you up too much, so I usually like to have a side of fruit, carrot sticks, or hummus with it. I order this all the time when I am at school, so I will just include what I get on it since this is fairly self-explanatory.

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 Chicken Breast
  • Lettuce
  • Tomato
  • 1 Avocado (optional)
  • Ultimate sauce or other sauce you enjoy
  • Whole wheat bun
HOW TO MAKE
  1. Grill the chicken breast until it is cooked through.
  2. Prep toppings by cutting, chopping, and slicing.
  3. Toast buns.
  4. Assemble.
  5. Enjoy.

Breakfast Burrito

I LOVE breakfast food, so this is one of my favorite things to make. It is also on the healthier side when it comes to breakfast

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 Tortilla shell
  • 2 Eggs
  • Cheese
  • Trader Joe's Everything But the Bagel Seasoning
  • Spinach (or any other greens you prefer)
HOW TO MAKE
  1. Scramble your eggs to your preference
  2. Place tortilla shell on pan and put your eggs in it.
  3. Sprinkle cheese, spinach, and bagel seasoning over eggs.
  4. Toast the shell until golden brown.
  5. Fold your tortilla in burrito shape and flip to toast other side.
  6. Enjoy.


Comments